In Tomb Raider 4 the developers wanted to replace the flairs with a flashlight. But it wasn't possible for technical reasons.
But now you can make your own flashlight in your levels. In this tutorial you have everything you need to put in a functional flashlight, with help of TRNG. Follow the instructions here and then you should got the technical stuff over with.
Download the WAD here:
And here the script entries:
Now open WADMerger and open the flashlight WAD on the right, your level WAD on the left.
Copy everything from the flashlight WAD into your level WAD and save the last one.
Attention: don't forget the animation #189 which is included
Follow the instructions here and then you should got the technical stuff over with.
Note: It's recommended to open the RTF-file in Wordpad and not Microsoft Word, for best format.
- Realistic light effects that moves when Lara moves her arm
- You don't pick up flashlights, but batteries (per item there are 2 more batteries, every battery has a durability of 60 seconds)
- It will turn off underwater
- The animations may a little bit doggerel in some situations.
- If you use the numeric keys 1 to 6 to draw the weapons, Lara lose the flashlight without an animation and draws her weapons directly.
- Even if you put away the flashlight with 59 seconds of durability (throw away, in TRNG technically), Lara will also lose this battery (it falls down technically, but it were did like this, that Lara cannot pick it up).
You can let the flashlight work underwater too, you just need to edit some entries, or rather delete.
If you need some help here, you can contact me (Elio):
- Sytheia - testing
- HURLEYstickmen - testing
- AODfan - battery & flashlight meshes
If you want to publish this text or parts of it elsewere, please ask Elio for permission previously!
As every year there is also the TRForge advent calendar contest. Achieve the matching challenge to every calendar door and collect points, to get the chance to win a great prize in the end! You can find more infos here: contest, or you can click on Lara at the calendar page.